Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Break

I feel like I am inspired by spring I really want to be out doing things and each time the weather gets nice I get overjoyed however it keeps on getting nasty out again.  I hope that this time it will stay nice because when it is nice out I just feel like I want to do more and be more, this means drawing as well.  Because it was pretty nice out yesterday I felt in the mood to draw a character for example.  
This week in class was short, on Monday we focused on the hands again,  I really feel like I’m getting it down, now I just have to see if I can draw them without any reference.  I am getting excited for when I can draw the whole figure in a dynamic pose without heavy assistance.  I know this will take some time but still this is what I am aiming for.
I also have been working on understanding the head, since on Wednesday I was a little lost, probably the most lost I have felt in drawing in class for a while.  so I did some of my own research which you can see here.  I really would like to learn the bones of the head so that I can rotate them mentally in my head.  I know the overall shape a little bit since it is one of the most popular scare tactics in movies such as a skull and crossbones, but other than knowing this general ambiguous shape I don’t really know that much more about it and therefore I am going to use this site that I found while looking for how to draw the human head to help learn it.  It also has the other bones in the body so I might try to learn the names of some of the other bones as well.  If you would like to learn some of the bones as well here is a link to the skeleton site.
Also if you have any free time this is a really beautiful video.

No comments:

Post a Comment