Sunday, April 10, 2011

The armpit


            I feel like this week I really enjoyed the drawing process.  This was weird because I was really tired on both of the days but I drew upon drawing horses instead and that seemed to help.  I think that even though I was enjoying it I was still having some problems placing the bones within the body.  And it was tough to draw the armpit and understand it.  Although I thought it was hilarious when Amy said to examine it upon ourselves.
            What I really find the most interesting about this week was learning about the radius and ulna.  Even though I had known that these bones are attached by each other, I did not know that they actually rotated over one another, I just think that is pretty amazing and why perhaps why arms can look so mysterious at times.  I think this week I finally got what Amy has been saying about a pose being as dynamic as the torso is.  I realized that by drawing a couple of sketches by myself that turning the arms and legs in space but not twisting the torso slightly makes for a very blah picture.
            I feel that we haven’t had a full week of drawing in a long time, and I’m really looking forward to this upcoming week because hopefully unless something comes up we will be working all week on drawing, and honestly that is exactly what I need right now.  I feel like even though we have been working on the arms for a while, I still don’t have it all the way down so getting some extra practice in this week will be great.
            However this week I’ll have a lot of homework so hopefully I’ll be able to have some free time to try and work on memorizing the muscles.
            Above is one of the pictures we drew, as you can see I was having some problems on proportions of the foreshortened pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment