Sunday, April 3, 2011

Arms


This week we started the arm muscles.  On Monday we were given the option to work on the muscles that we were assigned on Friday or draw the model.   While many worked on the muscles I decided to draw.  Even though I missed out on a good social, I don’t have as many opportunities to draw the human figure once I am out of life drawing and so I want to take every moment in this class and cherish it.  While drawing I tried to have my book out so that I could understand how the muscles connected, and while I am still a little bit confused I feel as if I understand it a little  bit more.
            I worked on the muscles that night and it was easier to put it on the manikin since I understood them a little bit more than I have in previous times.  And on Tuesday in open drawing I worked on putting the muscles on the model while he posed.  I always find it a little bit more difficult to place things on a guy since we are mostly learning where everything is on a girl.   But luckily even though guys are a little bit different they are mostly the same so I just need to think more when drawing them.
            On Wednesday I was really feeling the gesture drawings they were going really well, but then disaster struck; we had to draw the armpit.  While this may not sound like the most scary drawing experience to me it was very frustrating.  The reason being that I had to place a bunch of muscles that I don’t very much about on a model whose arm is very foreshortened.  To say the least it was very difficult for me to try to imagine these muscles in a very atypical way than I had learned them.  I would have opted for a better spot to try except because our class was so full there was nowhere that I could go other than this one spot.  My paper had lots of erase marks, and frustration lines, but by the end I though perhaps I sort of had the gist of it.
            Friday I was ready to draw but sadly class was cancelled.  However this gave me time to work on my muscles and so it wasn’t a complete waste of time.
            Here’s a picture of my last drawing in open drawing.  I drew what I thought the skeleton would look like in pen and started trying to figure out the muscles in pencil.  I think ill keep on working on it since I wasn’t completely done in the time called.

No comments:

Post a Comment