Sunday, March 27, 2011

I thought it was spring!


This week we started a bunch of new muscles.  It was a little weird because I felt a little rusty after coming back from spring break, but it was nice to be able to draw again.  When the professor told us that we were to draw all these new things and all within 30 seconds I was sure that there was no possible way that I would be able to do it.  To my surprise it was difficult but I was able to do it.  I feel that as I draw more I am getting more accustomed to looking at the model more than my paper.  I think it is thanks to this that I am able to get done with the gesture drawings, because I am looking at the model rather than constantly correcting my paper.  This does not mean however that I have perfected drawing the human figure, only that I can draw quickly the body in different angles better than I had before.
            I was really into drawing this week so I was very excited for open drawing on Tuesday because I wanted to draw my way and do some exercises but because of the crappy weather I had to go home before any drawing started.  To make matters worse Wednesday was even worse and therefore I was able to go home early which I was glad about since the roads were really crappy, but still sad because once again I was unable to draw.
Finally on Friday I was able to draw again.  On Friday we did a couple short poses then a long pose in which we put the muscles into what we were seeing.  Being the first time that I had really seen the muscles I was a little confused as to how they were supposed to fit, and I’m sure they are still incorrect but I am excited to be able to learn them because as Emma said after we add in these we will practically be able to draw a fleshed out model.  

No comments:

Post a Comment