Thursday, March 3, 2011

Midterm already?

Here is my Flicker Account-http://www.flickr.com/photos/60215163@N07/


Somehow it is weird to think that this, what I am writing right now, marks the halfway point in our class.  It is weird because it seems like I have learned so much yet still know so little.  I believe that as long as I continue learning I will always feel this way, yet I still feel that I know immensely more than I had.  One of the most dramatic shifts in my drawings was the life that was brought by standing up and at arms length away.  Even though I often go back to a “writing” hand and start to draw in the improper form I believe that using the shoulder you can really get the force into the drawing.  I really feel that I learned the most however on the shapes that are used inside the body which are consistent on everyone.  I am talking about using an egg for the ribcage and the curves of the spin.  It is just comforting to know that something that is unique for every different person has some components which can be drawn the same.  Knowing what shape things are in under the body makes it easier to draw them in proportion which was what I was most concerned about.  Most of my quick gestures include them but in particular picture one indicates a great spinal curve and egg shape.  Although I wouldn’t say that my proportions in my drawings are perfect I can undoubtedly see an improvement in them.  As seen in picture two I was having a little bit of difficulty with the back.
  I feel that my drawings were continuously pushed forward with my mannequin and learning the muscles in there.  I think that I had a great understanding of how the back muscles work together but once I got to the legs I think I was more confused.  In the coming half of the semester I hope to forward my knowledge even more on proportion and be able to fully and completely understand the muscles I have learned about and will learn about. 
Sadly I caught a terrible cold on Sunday night so I was unable to go to class on monday or open drawing on tuesday and this is my only longer pose drawing that we did on wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment