Sunday, February 27, 2011

Open Drawing


This week I feel like I really did well.  This was the first week this semester that I was off of work on a Tuesday and was able to go to the open drawing.  I was really happy because while I love drawing in class sometimes it is fun to draw the body by using shading. However I realized how much better I have become at understanding the human body and perhaps before I was only using shading to show where things were darker rather than how they really looked.  Before I would just do an outline of all the parts but now I understand that the outline comes from the bulges and dips within the body.  I really do feel that it is becoming easier to see the body and understand how it is all working together.  Even though I understand some of the inner dynamics I think that I am still in awe of how much force is within the body and how it is able to move. 
On Friday I was ready to draw but we ended up working on our manikins for the class period.  I am glad that I got done with my assignment at school, but I would rather draw then work on the muscles.  I have a feeling that I’m doing them wrong as well.  I forgot to take a picture of them but I truly believe that they look like strings that are festooned from the bones.  Which is not how I imagine the real muscles to look like.  I think that I will spend more time this week actually learning the names and how the muscles look.  I think by perhaps committing them to memory I will be able to draw them better when there is a model there and when there is not.  However I expect to be pretty busy this week since most teachers are having a lot of homework assigned.  And I still need to complete the portfolio that is due this Friday for this class.  Still I want to try, I’ll comment next week on how I did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment