Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week Three Ribcage


This week was mostly looking at the back muscles.  I already am starting to feel that my understanding for the human body has improved.  Before I had seen quick sketches of the human body with an egg shape to represent the ribcage but until I learned how the ribcage functioned within the body it was hard for me to understand how to substitute the shapes for the body parts.  I really find it very useful to know that everyone has relatively the same shape for their bones and therefore if you can find where and how the ribcage is working on a person no matter their size it is only a matter of changing what is on top.  We also worked hard on cross contours this week and I think that in this upcoming week I’ll try to do some more to see if I can get a better understanding of the contours on regular objects.  I found it very inspiring when the Professor pointed out that everything does not have an edge but rather lines that follow the shape of the body and from those shapes our mind make an edge where none was before.  I really enjoy it when someone brings to my awareness something that I had not really thought of before.  Just like when the painting III Professor said that we should use our brushes and art pieces to state something.  Give it meaning and have it change the world.  Even though I had heard about art pieces being controversial I guess I still had the assumption of art only being for aesthetic reasons only

No comments:

Post a Comment