Sunday, May 1, 2011

hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil


This week we only had Wednesday and Friday.  Even though it was a short week I feel that we have learned a lot.  We started in on the nose and eye on  Wednesday taking advantage of our fellow classmates and drawing.  I thought this was harder than normal because I have this horrible knack to laugh at the most inappropriate times.  Then trying hard not to laugh makes it all the much worse.  So I don’t think I was the best model but it got the job done.  I was able to draw the nose two times on Wednesday since I had three partners but still need to make up the eye by holding my sister hostage sometime. 
            On Friday we worked on the ear and the lips.  I found the ear extremely fascinating since the ear is so different on each and every person and I had never known that before.  It truly is a wonder that I was able to go through every day in my life and not notice the things that I have learned in life drawing.  It really is amazing to be able to draw the human body and learn how similar but different every single person is from one another.  Anyway I was able to draw the whole day on Friday and not model which was good for me but even better for those drawing. 
            This week I did a little research again for myself on the human nose and even ended up going through my yearbook and looking at the differences in faces and structures.  I think that perhaps next week ill look more into ears but they are daunting and therefore I am procrastinating on actually working on them.  I’m very excited for tomorrow because Amy will be giving us the lecture on the skull.
 While I was looking up things on animation which is something I usually do in my free time I saw an interesting video that was talking about Tarzan and the amazing animator Glen Keane He drew the underdrawing and then when they were in france looking at different sculptures he had a anatomy professional come in and draw where the muscles would be in the actual body.  They also did this for some of the gorillas, I thought it was really interesting using what we have learned in the actual art.  I cant wait to be able to draw really dynamic poses like these and be able to place all the muscles in.  Maybe once school is over this semester I'll have more time to do so.

1 comment:

  1. It was harder than I thought it would be to hold my mouth still as I was modeling. I give the models a lot of credit. It would be great to be able to draw any character more easily.

    ReplyDelete