Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My last post


My Flicker account            


I can’t believe all that I have learned over this semester.  When I think back to last semester when I was in open drawing I was so daunted by the beautiful human body because back then it was about drawing outlines.  I know I have stated this multiple times before but truly this was the first drawing class that got it in my head that we are merely drawing the edges of a form rather than an outline.  I think that the reason that this was enforced was perhaps because of the manikins.  Because I was able to use clay to mold the muscles in a three dimensional view I was able to understand what we were drawing was not just 2d but something 3d occupying 2d space.
            Even though I learned this early on in the semester I perfected it throughout.  At the beginning that would have to be my biggest weakness that I had, that and a lack of understanding of what everything was and where everything went.  However now that I am done with this semester I can proudly say that I can fit most bones into the places that they should reside and countless muscles as well.  You can see this in many of my long drawings however I am most proud of my long pose number 2 because I was not able to put them in but the angle made them foreshortened.
            One of my biggest weaknesses is however that I don’t know all the muscles yet.  I hope over the summer to work on my comprehension of these and learning how the are in the body. 
compare-human.jpeg            Although I think the thing that I appreciate the most from this course is the fact that I will be able to take what I learned, which is being able to draw the body in countless positions and knowing the body structure and use it in being an animator.  I will be able to now take what I know and pass it on to learning different animal anatomy, or come up with my own creature with distorting the human anatomy.
 I am so glad that life drawing was everything that I was hoping it to be.  I really hated some parts such as the manikins that I had to work on after class and still not looking correct but other parts I really enjoyed like learning to see and learning to enjoy what I was drawing.  All of these parts came together wonderfully and created a class that I will never forget and always appreciate, and that is with no exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment