Sunday, May 8, 2011

One week left


Once again this week flew by, and here we are on Sunday wondering how it has gone by so quickly.  Only one thing is different this week since we only have one Monday left before the final on Friday.  This really makes me sad because I feel like this class was so important and was always excited to go to.  I know next semester I will have more classes but I will really miss this class. 
            This week was especially fun because we had longer drawings which is a fun switch up then our normal hour tops pose.  The first one is the head, which we drew for two whole class periods.  It was frustrating but fun to try to see and correct what you thought you knew about the head.  I though that the skull was much smaller than it was but Amy pointed out that it needed to be elongated even further.  I think that its going to be tough to do the final piece the self portrait just because of the short notice.  Luckily our portfolios aren’t due on Friday otherwise I would be way more overwhelmed than I already am.
            On Friday we started out doing some gesture poses, and was I surprised to see how off they were since I had not practiced them in a while.  After the gesturing we did a long pose that we will continue on Monday.  I decided since this is the last pose of the semester I was going to take up a place that was a difficult angle.  And I found the perfect place; I am directly behind the model and above him which creates a pose you normally don’t see and lots of foreshortening.  I forgot to take a picture of it but I was having difficulty with the hands because of the way they looked on him.  

1 comment:

  1. I will miss this class too. Both for the subject and the people in it! That's always the bad part of the end of semester.

    Anyway, your drawing looks good, a definite likeness there! I especially like the eye/nose ratio there :)

    ReplyDelete