Friday, July 11, 2014

What I've been up to

Recently I have finished up my final project for my my Senior show.  It went really well and I am so happy to be done and to be focusing more on my own work.  Now I have been working with a bunch of school mates on a independent game.  I haven't uploaded the work I've been doing but I started with concept of the main character.


I tried out a lot of different aesthetics but my group helped me pick out the guy above from the others I had created.   I also made a quick concept painting of how he would look in the game.
After I got the 'OK' on the character I made some turn arounds of him looking slightly darker since he is a villainous character, and then started my research on low poly modeling.  I have always made things just for the aesthetic so it was different learning how to create a model for optimization.  It was so much fun to learn how things are made low poly, I had a little practice with low poly modeling with my Senior project animation but it was a little different with an actual character. This was before I finished the arm and hand so please ignore those two areas.


I finished up the modeling then added a simple rig to the character.  I don't think the movements are going to be too complex so I didn't go to in depth with his rig but I'm excited to start to make him move.  Here is a picture of his rig and my very rough layout of what his colors will look like.  I'm excited for this weekend I'm going to the Midwest Game Convention so hopefully I can show him off and get some valuable feedback on what kind of colors I should add.

No comments:

Post a Comment