Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Studies

I've really been trying to get my colors down so I have been copying a couple paintings online.    Unfortunately I can't seem to find the original painting that I referenced, if I find it I will give them credit and put a link up, but for now just know that this is not really my painting it is just a reference I painted.

After this painting I talked to one of my professors that told me I don't  have enough contrast in my paintings so I then tried to add a little contrast as well.  Here is my work in progress of this painting.
I'm still working on getting the right contrast at the right parts and understanding how color works, but I feel like I've made some progress since I have started to do 30 min speed paintings every day

1 comment:

  1. The bottom photo is a bit more easily read than some I've seen of yours. Keep pushing the contrast, it looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete